Information We Collect
- Information You Provide
- Information We Collect from Your Device(s)
- Information We Collect When You Call Us
- Information We Collect from Partners, Service Providers, and Affiliated Businesses
- Information We Collect from Public Sources
- Information We Collect Through Our Mobile Applications
- Information We Collect When You Visit an Apex Home Buyers Property
- Information We Collect Through Estimated Offers Via Text
We collect information that you provide to us when using our Services. This may include personal information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, account login details, photos and videos of your home, circumstances related to your home purchase or sale, reviews, or comments you leave on our Services, and other relevant information necessary to provide our services.
We may collect information from the device(s) you use to access our Services. This may include device attributes, such as operating system, hardware and software versions, browser type, and unique identifiers. We may also collect information about your browsing session, including mouse movements, clicks, scrolls, and keystrokes. Additionally, we may collect network and connection information, data from cookies and similar technologies, and other information related to your device.
We may monitor or record phone or video calls for quality purposes. Personal information provided during these calls may be entered into our customer service databases.
We may collect information about you from our partners, service providers, and affiliated businesses to provide our Services. This may include Multiple Listing Service (MLS) information, prequalification letters from financial institutions, construction or purchase contracts, verification of identification, and other relevant information related to your home purchase or sale.
We may collect information from public sources to assist in providing our Services. This may include tax assessments, property profiles, sale prices of equivalent homes, permits issued for remodels, and other publicly available information related to your home.
When you use our Services through our mobile applications, we may collect certain mobile device data, such as device identification numbers, device type, mobile carrier, and location information (with your consent). We may also collect information about your interactions with our mobile applications.
If you use our application to unlock Apex Home Buyers, we may collect the date and time of the home unlock. Some of our properties may have additional monitoring technologies, such as motion sensors and video cameras, for security purposes.
We may collect data through text messages to provide estimated offers. This data will not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
How We Use Your Information We use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
- Providing our services to you
- Understanding the home, you may want to sell or buy
- Ensuring your safety and the security of our properties
- Advertising our services and relevant products
- Conducting market research
- Supporting information security and debugging
- Resolving disputes
- Enhancing user experience and improving our services
How We Disclose Your Information We may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- At your direction, such as sharing information with real estate agents, homebuilders, financing providers, or other partners as requested by you
- With our affiliated companies, to the extent allowed by law
- With service providers who perform services on our behalf
- In response to legal process, regulatory authorities, or to protect our rights, safety, or property, or the rights, safety, or property of others
- In connection with a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection
- Resolving disputes
- Enhancing user experience and improving our services
Please note that we may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you for various purposes, including analytics, research, and marketing.
We take reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no data transmission over the internet or electronic storage method can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You have choices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your information:
- You can choose not to provide certain information, but this may limit your ability to use certain features of our Services.
- You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails by following the instructions in the email or contacting us directly.
- You can disable cookies through your browser settings, but this may affect your ability to use certain features of our Services.
You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may still receive service-related communications, including account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the services, and technical and security notices.
Third-Party Links and Services
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites, applications, or services that are not owned or controlled by Apex Home Buyers. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party platforms. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those platforms before providing any personal information.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from a child without parental consent, please contact us, and we will promptly delete the information.
Consent and Permission
Before sending any text messages for marketing purposes, explicit consent and permission from recipients must be obtained. This consent is acquired through opt-in processes, such as a subscription form, where individuals voluntarily provide their phone numbers and agree to receive marketing messages.
Compliance with Regulations
All text marketing campaigns must fully comply with relevant regulations and laws, including but not limited to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) in the United States or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union. These regulations often include guidelines on consent, message content, frequency, and opting out.
Each text message sent as part of the marketing campaign must include clear instructions on how recipients can opt out of receiving future messages. An easy and accessible unsubscribe mechanism should be provided, such as replying with a specific keyword or a short number.
The content of text messages should be concise, relevant, and compliant with regulations. It is important to clearly identify the sender and provide valuable information or offers to recipients. Messages must not be misleading, deceptive, or contain prohibited content, such as spam, frauds, or illegal material.
Frequency and Timing
A suitable frequency should be established to ensure that recipients are not overwhelmed with excessive messages. Consideration should also be given to the timing of messages, considering time zones and local regulations regarding quiet hours.
Data Protection and Security
Safeguarding the personal data of subscribers is of utmost importance. Adequate measures must be implemented to protect data from unauthorized access, loss, or misuse. Best practices for data security should be followed, and compliance with applicable privacy laws is mandatory.
Tracking and Analytics
Tracking mechanisms and analytics tools may be employed to monitor the performance of text marketing campaigns. This allows for the measurement of key metrics, such as open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and overall campaign effectiveness. The data collected should be used to optimize future messaging strategies and enhance campaign outcomes.